Since starting in 2006, Co.Mission has helped plant churches in Serbia, renovate churches and homes in America, and minister to people on both sides of the ocean.
By giving agency representatives and company employees opportunities to serve together, the mission trips create bonds that would otherwise be impossible. Many find the experience so rewarding that they choose to serve, year after year.
Helping People Across the United States
Closer to home, Co.Mission focuses on serving our stateside neighbors in need.
Past trips have taken teams to places like inner-city Chicago, central Tennessee, a small West Virginia coal town, and to Staten Island to help with Hurricane Sandy relief. In 2014, a team served alongside residents at Freedom Hall, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility in southeastern Ohio. Each Co.Mission team serves in unique ways, depending upon the needs of the ministry they’re serving.
Some examples of projects include:
- Creating a computer café for after-school programs and job skills training
- Refurbishing a food and clothing pantry operated by area churches
- Helping families with home repairs
- Helping local churches and service organizations with building repairs
- Assisting with relief efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
- Raising funds to help build a new women's dormitory at Freedom Hall