Is your ministry prepared to respond?
Our Safety Library is filled with resources that can help.
Whether you're bracing for the storm, cleaning up after one, or helping others do the same, our safety library has information that can help. Find several articles, checklists, and other tools in the Disasters, Emergencies, and Health section. Here's some of what you’ll find there to help your ministry.
- Rebounding from a Hurricane’s Blows
- Disaster Recovery: Ministry Continuity Resources
- Preparing to Minister When Disaster Strikes
- Sending Disaster Relief Teams
- Guidelines for Making Your Church a Temporary Shelter for Disaster Victims
- Create an Emergency Response Plan for Your Church
- Creating an Evacuation Plan
- Ten Tips for Drying Your Church
- Water Damage: Choosing a Restoration Professional
- Disaster Relief Teams
- Disaster Recovery Planning/Ministry Continuity
- Providing a Temporary Shelter During a Disaster
- Developing a Disaster Plan
Additional Hurricane Resources:
- Hurricane Warnings and Forecasts from the National Weather Service
- Hurricane Preparedness from the National Weather Service
- Hurricane Tips from FEMA
- Storm Clean-Up Tips from the CDC
- Video: Weather Channel Meteorologist Discusses Hurricane Preparedness
- Red Cross Safe and Well Website: The Red Cross Safe and Well website enables people to let loved ones know what their situation is due to the hurricane. People can also access www.redcross.org/safeandwell on a smart phone, or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
- Webinars and Disaster Preparation Resources from PrepareMyBusiness.org: Most of the material on this site is geared toward small businesses, but can be adapted for ministry use.