The Church Lay Counseling Risk Management Guidebook can help equip church and ministry leaders as they develop lay counseling programs for their organizations.
This guidebook is a virtual textbook that provides the groundwork for establishing a safe setting for spiritual care and counseling with the help of policies and forms.
This 28-page guidebook provides educational information in seven chapters of material:
- Church Lay Counseling, Spiritual Care Ministries
- Creating a Safe Ministry Environment
- Developing a Screening Program
- Creating a Written Lay Counseling Policy
- Lay Counselor Training and Supervision
- Educating Ministry Leaders and Church Members
- The Importance of Insurance in Managing Risk
Quick and Easy Tools
The Church Lay Counseling Risk Management Guidebook also includes and an easy-reference checklist for developing a lay counseling ministry, a sample lay counseling policy framework, and sample forms, including:
- Sample lay counselor application form
- Sample lay counselor renewal application form
- Sample reference response information form
Download a free copy of this resource to share with other ministry leaders and lay counseling ministry program planners.