Brotherhood Mutual’s Guidelines for Ministry Workers offers instructions for developing a screening and supervision program within your church through written policies and forms.
The sample policy manual includes screening forms for workers with children and youth, response forms for personal reference, and reporting forms to be filled out if someone is injured during an activity on your premises or sponsored by your ministry.
Expanded and completely revised, this popular risk management resource includes six new sections of information that lay the groundwork for developing child protection and screening programs in churches and related ministries. A checklist for developing a policy and a sample congregational letter are new entries in the “Sample Policy and Forms” section.
Samples from the Guide
Here are a few of the suggestions you’ll find addressed in Guidelines for Ministry Workers:
- Implement a screening program for anyone who will work with children in your ministry.
- Adopt a written policy for people who work with children and youth.
- Use a system in your nursery or child care center to ensure that children are released only to the appropriate adults.
- Be sure that all nurseries and child care rooms have windows in the doors to allow outside supervision.
- Require at least two adults to supervise all programs involving children or youth at your organization.
Download a free copy or request one from your agent.